Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie!
…that Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie that Jennifer made was quite good, so I thought I would share the recipe….
- pie crust (I used a graham crust)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks together until smooth. Then whisk in milk and stir until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat, then add the dark brown sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, whisking constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add cream to the saucepan mixture, whisking thoroughly.
- Slowly whisk in egg mixture.
- Add cinnamon and bring to boil, whisking constantly.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and add butterscotch chips.
- Pour the filling into the shell and smooth the top.
- Place the pie on a cooling rack for an hour and then put into the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Serve in slices and garnish with whipped cream.